Monday, November 15, 2010

New Blog, free games etc....

So here it is… a new blog, Nocturnal Lure gaming, from yours truly. (under construction)


What’s this all about, well it’s about gaming, computer gaming, mostly console gaming. Why should you keep up with this? Well because I’m funny off course but also because I will be giving away games on a regular basis.

I’ll be honest, I want this blog to get a steady and large following and I am willing to invest in that. Since I am a die hard gamer, I own a fair share of computer games, mostly Xbox360. Every now and then I will give one of these away… and not just the crappy ones.

So what will you find here? Most often it will just be me ranting or praising games and game related nonsense, the occasional review and my idea of tips on what to buy and what not to buy especially from the “budget bin”. Since my main hobby is conflicting with my not being rich I have some insights on how to wrestle through the abundance of budget titles.

Now I won’t be doing a “real” blog today, but I do have this tip for you… and since I am such a giving person I will be giving away my copy of this game as soon as I reach 25 followers.

Prey

Prey is a shooter who has the guts to say “I am different”. Portal puzzles, messing around with gravity and scale, this game is a physicists nightmare… or wet dream. It all starts when you as a native American together with your girlfriend and grandfather get abducted by aliens. Inside the alien’s planet sized ship both reality and physics get whacked around while you try to save both your planet and your girlfriend. Extremely large areas, one large enough to have a large passenger plain fly in and crash in to, as well as claustrophobic hallways where up and down shift, take turns as your surroundings.


In short, awesome gameplay with challenging environmental puzzles and a well played out storyline with some intense moments. It’s only real shortcoming is that it’s way too easy. Mostly because you can’t really die.

When you can find it, it will probably cost around 10 euro’s or up to 15 US dollar. For that amount it’s one of the best buys I know.

2 comments: