Friday, November 19, 2010

Molineux, f**k you as well....

Okay I have been playing Fable3… before I continue I want to state that in comparison to many other games Fable 3 is rather brilliant, great graphics, awesome sound good solid gameplay. Having said that… IT SUCKS! No seriously, I am once again disappointed by what could… should have been the most brilliant game ever.

The original Fable is one of my all time favorite games and with the only shortcoming of it being literally too short I feel the game was near perfect. And as usual when I like something, they change it. Fable 2 was in my opinion the worst “improvement” I have witnessed in my gaming career. I can’t put my finger on it, but Fable 2 was just…lacking.

And now here’s part 3. Though it looks better and “feels” better too many things that make Fable..well Fable have been left out. There are but a few actual storyline quests and little story driven motivation to do the side quests. You can’t use your expressions how and when you want to anymore, so riding into town giving everyone the finger has been made near impossible. And then the changing of your appearance has been adjusted to a point that even though the change is more dramatic it can only be achieved in the endgame and only during certain actions. In other words, they left out the fun. Yes there are some awesome voice actors (John Cleese, Stephen Fry, Simon Peg) and the game does have some hilarious bits, but it all feels very staged where previous Fable games left the having fun part up to you.

I don’t feel sorry for playing the game, it is a good game, but it could have been so much better and Molyneux seems to lose his grasp, he’s just not giving people what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment